Sunday, February 20, 2005

Can Christians Justify the invasion of Iraq

Can Christians Justify the invasion of Iraq
and the death this caused?

Sean Lewis
February 18, 2005

As a Christian one of the commandments I follow is thou shall not kill. As a soldier, I justified killing enemy combatants with the reasoning of neutralizing an immediate threat to myself and to my family and finally my nation.

When I die and I am standing before Saint Peter I can say with clear conscience that I only killed in self defense. That the killing was necessary to protect myself, family and my way of life.

President Bush said Iraq was a threat to the US because of WMD's. We invaded Iraq on President's Bush assurances that if we did not those WMD's could be used against the US. 100,000's of deaths have resulted from this invasion. Yet there were no WMD's.

When these Christian soldiers die and they are standing before Saint Peter, what will they say? Has Bush Damned these men and woman to Hell? Or is this Bush's penance to pay?

Time will tell all the Truth.
VT

No comments: